- Eat healthy foods: avoid sugar and starchy foods between meals. Sugars and Starches especially those that stick to the teeth contribute to tooth decay. Starches like, bread, cereal and crackers and Sugars like juices, candy, and cakes when mixed with plaque bacteria and saliva form an acid that will cause tooth decay.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Brush after breakfast and before bed.
- Floss between teeth at least once per day. For children the preloaded hand held flossers work great!
- Have dental sealants placed on adult molars and premolars at ages 6 and 12.
- Visit your dentist twice per year to help maintain healthy smiles.
With healthy foods coming into season and warm weather just around the corner, choosing healthy foods and snacks like fresh fruit and veggies will be easier than ever.