Summer is a few months away in Connecticut and you know what that means!
It’s hard to imagine that spring is here and summer is on it’s way, but before you know it-The kids will be out of school and summer activities will begin! Dr. Edmonstone’s office in Old Saybrook, Connecticut have some helpful tips and advice to help keep your child’s teeth healthy this Spring/Summer and and all year long! Accidents are bound to happen and taking precaution and fast action can make or break your summer if a dental emergency arises.
- Athletic kids may suffer from unusual tooth wear and should see their dentist on a regular basis.
- Custom fitted mouth guards are great for kids who take part in contact and non-contact sports such as little league baseball, soccer, football, basketball and even tennis.
- Seek emergency dental treatment immediately if a tooth is knocked loose or falls out.
- Make sure your kids are not skipping their brushing and flossing routines. They may forget since they no longer have a regular “school routine” in place.
- Try to skip out on as many sugary snacks as possible this summer. Studies show that frequent snacking on sugary sweets can cause an increase in cavities. Check out our snacking guide below to help you and your children make the best choices when it comes to snacking.
- Fresh Fruit
- Raw Veggies
- Cheddar Cheese
- Unsweetened fruit juice
- Wheat crackers
Okay On Occasion Snacks:
- Oatmeal or Butter Cookies
- Ice Cream
-The items listed below should be avoided or only be given as “Treats” on occasion, and should always be apart of a good Brushing/Flossing routine at home-
- Soda, cola
- Dried Fruits
- Granola Bars
- Sticky Candy
- Potato Chips
- Fruit Rollups
- Sandwich cookies
- Presweetened cereals
Dr. Edmonstone and his staff are committed to providing the best dental care for your Children. We have a wonderful team of qualified dental professionals who will create a positive experience for you and your children. Please call us today at (860) 388-0142 to schedule your cleaning appointment before the new school year starts! Enjoy your Summer! Website accessed 6/12/17 11:20am http://www.abcdentalmissouri.com/your-kids-teeth-and-summer/